Sunday, December 6, 2009

Paranormal Activity


So the other day I went and saw a relatively underwhelming film called "Paranormal Activity". Which is of course the sequel to the lesser known indie film "Normal Activity". Normal Activity is pretty much the same movie except with no demon slamming doors and turning lights on in the middle of the night. In fact, in "Normal Activity", the characters get so bored and disinterested in their home life that they go and see the film "Paranormal Activity".
I know you're probably thinking: "But wait, how can the characters in the prequel go and see the sequel of a movie that hasn't even been made yet. Better yet, how can a character in any movie go and watch a movie in which they are-wait, my brain just walked out in frustration".
I almost walked out in frustration when watching Paranormal Activity. Not that I am in any way comparing myself to a brain or any organ of the human body, although on several occasions I have been referred to as a "Dick" which, when used in that particular context is referring to the male reproductive organ. So it all comes full circle (the premise, not the penis).

So anyway, it was my younger brother who suggested I go see it with him. He really wanted me to go with him. He's such a lovely kid. I believe his exact words were "Keshen, I want to go see a movie and a need a lift. Wanna dri-I mean, wanna come with?"
At first I was adamant about seeing a movie that cost less to make than the shirt I was wearing (yes, I was wearing a shirt worth more than 15,000 dollars, what can I say? I'm a dick.)
but I was in a fairly bad mood that day and nothing makes me feel better than a bad movie.
So I payed my ticket, which probably covered half the cost of the movie budget (yes, the ticket was 7,500 dollars) and I sat through the thing.
I have to say that the makers are quite clever to create a mainstream film on such a low budget, even though the premise and style is strikingly similar to The Blair Witch Holiday (Sequel to "The Blair Witch Project").
So anyway, on an unrelated note, when I got home I took a picture of the sky with my camera. It was dark with pretty much no stars so I wondered if I could capture some if I opened the shutter up for a while.

Here is the result:

Meh.

After that, I spent the rest of the night slamming doors and turning on the lights to freak out my brother. I pretended I was the demon who wanted petrol money and 90 minutes of his life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment